Chef's Richard Recipe of the Month
- 4 ea 16/20 Shrimp
- 4 ea Basil, Leaf, Fresh
- 2 ea Applewood Smoked Bacon, Split in Half
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (Your favorite BBQ Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Horseradish, Prepared, Spicy
Adjust with Salt & Pepper as needed
Peel shrimp. Devein shrimp.
- Make slight incision into shrimp and stuff with basil leaf.
- Firmly wrap with a half of piece of applewood smoked bacon. Secure with a toothpick, bamboo skewer or metal skewer. Repeat until all shrimp are wrapped.
- In a stainless steel bowl whisk in your favorite BBQ sauce with the horseradish sauce.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and begin to sear the bacon around the shrimp. Turn over after a few minutes and brown the other side.
- Remove from pan, gently toss in BBQ sauce and horseradish mixture to completely coat shrimp. Place on baking sheet lined with paper and bake in a preheated 400°F oven until fully cooked.
- Aproximately 6-8 minutes depending on the size of shrimp used.